My News From Around the World
- The Solution to Water Woes Could Lie With BeaversIt’s late October and Jon Griggs, manager of Maggie Creek Ranch in Elko, Nevada, still has more than a thousand Angus-cross calves left to wean. It’s been a decent year at the 200,000-acre spread, with enough forage for the 2,000 mother cows and their calves. Water, however, has been a concern—a perpetual one—with summer temperatures […]
- Can Linen Make a Comeback in North America?On a smattering of farms across the United States, but especially in the rainy stretches of the Pacific Northwest and the Great Lakes region, an increasing share of land is being devoted to flax. The crop itself is hardly new. It’s most prevalent today in states such as North Dakota and Montana, where it’s grown […]
- Climate Change is Coming for Christmas Trees. Can They Be Saved?In late June 2021, a massive heat dome stretched from Northern California into British Columbia. For days, temperatures barely fell below 100 degrees Fahrenheit. “We lost 10 percent of our saleable Christmas trees that year,” says Leanna Anderson, owner of Aldor Acres Family Farm in Langley, British Columbia and treasurer of the BC Christmas Tree […]
- Meet the Urban Apiarist Creating Community for Black BeekeepersWith a background in food policy and environmental causes, Karyn Bigelow already understood how vital bees are to the environment. But the isolation during 2020 sent her on a path to help diversify the apiary world and create Beekeeping While Black, an online community to educate and support African Americans who keep bees. As her […]
- Do We Need to Farm Oil Crops?When you pull a pie crust out of the freezer aisle at the grocery store or a sleeve of cookies off the shelf, it’s likely that one of the ingredients they contain is dietary fat, such as soybean or palm oil. These oils are agricultural products, but do they have to be? A new study […]
- Agri Tech India
GENERAL This is excerpt This is excerpt This is
- Flora Expo
Flora Expo This is excerpt This is excerpt This is
- Fresh India Show
Fresh India Show This is excerpt This is excerpt This
- DairyTech India
Dairytech India This is excerpt This is excerpt This
- GrainTech India
GrainTech India This is excerpt This is excerpt This
Get Your Entry Pass
- "We can contribute to climate goals"
From November 30 to December 12, the 28th UN Climate Conference will take place in Dubai. This climate summit aims to take concrete steps towards a fair and sustainable approach to the global climate crisis. Dutch horticulture can contribute to this with healthy, local food production, climate…
- US (MO): Cut flower grower is keynote for conference in St. Joseph
Making urban farms bloom will be one of the many topics at the 2024 Great Plains Growers Conference and trade show, Jan. 11-13, in St. Joseph, Missouri. Keynote speaker Karen “Mimo” Davis will share her 30-plus-year journey to becoming a year-round grower and seller of cut flowers in southside St. Louis.…
- 4 Benefits of SAF's Next Gen LIVE!
New connections, world-class education, and a bigger perspective of the floral industry — all in a destination city. The Society of American Florists' Next Gen LIVE! conference Feb. 25-27 in San Diego is a one-of-a-kind industry experience for floral pros from all segments of the industry who are 45…
- Metrolina Greenhouses receives GlobalG.A.P. certification
Metrolina Greenhouses is the first ornamentals producer in the U.S. to become GlobalG.A.P. Certified. GlobalG.A.P. is a worldwide brand of smart farm assurance solutions that rigorously audits agriculture, floriculture, aquaculture, and compound feed producers against world-leading standards to ensure…
- US (VA): Staunton Garden Center talks about possible drought impacts
The United States Department of Agriculture has declared Augusta County a drought disaster area. Farmers who are impacted by the drought can apply for assistance through the Farm Safety Agency. While the Staunton Plant Company has not been severely impacted by the drought, the Owner, David Whitesell,…
- Expert Advice: Amaryllis in a Glass – Care, Planting, Pruning and More
Expert Advice: Amaryllis in a Glass – Care, Planting, Pruning and More A glass-enclosed arrangement featuring the exquisite blossoms of the amaryllis flower is a highly admired and widely embraced decorative option. This display offers an exceptional opportunity to revel in the vivid hues and […]
- Masterful Growth: A Guide to the Care, Planting, and Pruning of Amaryllis in Wax
Masterful Growth: A Guide to the Care, Planting, and Pruning of Amaryllis in Wax Wax Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) is a stunning flowering plant known for its large, vibrant blooms and unique wax-coated bulbs. This guide aims to provide you with the essential knowledge and techniques to ensure the […]
- Daylilies Unveiled: Cultivating Nature’s Masterpieces with Care, Precision, and Passion
Daylilies Unveiled: Cultivating Nature’s Masterpieces with Care, Precision, and Passion Cultivating daylilies can be a rewarding and enjoyable gardening experience. Daylilies are known for their vibrant and colorful flowers, and they are relatively easy to grow. Name Blooming Period Colors […]
- The Ultimate Guide to Lilies: Care, Planting, Pruning, and More
The Ultimate Guide to Lilies: Care, Planting, Pruning, and More Every garden is enthralled by the majesty of lilies. They are adaptable and ideal for any house interior or garden because they are available in a number of types, colors, and sizes. Everything there is to know about lilies will be […]
- Expert Guide to Orchids: Care, Planting, Pruning, and More
Expert Guide to Orchids: Care, Planting, Pruning, and More Orchids are beautiful and exotic flowering plants that can add elegance to any home or garden. While they may have a reputation for being delicate and difficult to care for, with the right knowledge and attention, anyone can successfully […]
- Acuity Brands Reaches Agreements with Current Lighting Solutions, Hort Americas to Expand Acuity’s Horticulture Lighting Offering
Agreements include acquiring horticulture lighting products from Current to be exclusively distributed by Hort Americas, a leading supplier to the controlled environment agriculture market. ATLANTA, November 27, 2023 – Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) (“Company”) announced today that it has reached an agreement to acquire the Arize® family of horticulture lighting products from Current Lighting
- Village Farms Fresh Supports Local Texas Veteran with Military Makeover
Village Farms Fresh recently partnered with the special home improvement series, Military Makeover hosted by Montel Williams. The company is featured in episode 2 of season 36 that airs on Lifetime TV beginning Friday, November 17 at 7:30am ET and PT. Decorated U.S. Army veteran Carlos Colón-Ruiz who resides in Arlington, Texas, along with his
- Ask the Expert: Crop Insurance Options for Urban and Innovative Producers
From the USDA USDA’s Risk Management Agency (RMA) connects agricultural producers with high-quality and affordable crop insurance sold by approved insurance providers. This includes the specific needs of urban and innovative producers, who may have smaller and more specialized operations. In this Ask the Expert, Economist Claire White answers questions about RMA programs and opportunities
- Urban Producers, Public Invited to Attend November Meeting of Federal Advisory Committee for Urban Agriculture and Innovative Production
Source: USDA.gov We’re inviting urban producers, innovative producers, and other stakeholders to virtually attend a public meeting of the Federal Advisory Committee for Urban Agriculture and Innovative Production on November 29 from 1-3 pm ET. Learn more and register. The Urban Agriculture and Innovative Production Advisory Committee (UAIPAC) is one of several ways that USDA is
- CEA Alliance Food Safety Best Practices To Be Featured in IFPA Virtual Town Hall, November 8
The CEA Alliance’s new best practices document Commodity Specific Food Safety Guidelines for Controlled Environment Agriculture Produce Production of Leafy Greens and Herbs will be the focus of the International Fresh Produce Association’s Virtual Town Hall on Wednesday, November 8 at 12:00 Noon Eastern. The Virtual Town Hall is free to all participants. The document provides guidance in all
- Sluggish milk supply growth and improving dairy prices expected in 2024
According to Rabobank, the global dairy market appears to be transitioning to the next phase in its cycle, with prices projected higher through 2024. The post Sluggish milk supply growth and improving dairy prices expected in 2024 appeared first on AGDAILY.
- Don’t let cold weather freeze cattle performance this winter
As temperatures decrease, cow nutritional requirements increase. Add in precipitation or wind, and requirements increase even more. The post Don’t let cold weather freeze cattle performance this winter appeared first on AGDAILY.
- Markets in Minutes: Top Third looks ahead for week of Dec. 4, 2023
Top Third Ag Marketing helps farmers become better agricultural marketers with the goal of marketing crops and livestock in the top third of prices. The post Markets in Minutes: Top Third looks ahead for week of Dec. 4, 2023 appeared first on AGDAILY.
- How 7 FFA chapters are spreading holiday cheer this season
Living to Serve isn't just an unused, trite motto -- it's a living, breathing mentality that FFA chapters embody as the holiday season rapidly approaches. The post How 7 FFA chapters are spreading holiday cheer this season appeared first on AGDAILY.
- Ag on Instagram: The week’s best photos on December 1, 2023
We bring you some of the best farm photos this Friday, December 1, 2023, from the week! Want to get listed in this weekly feature? Be sure to use #agdaily. The post Ag on Instagram: The week’s best photos on December 1, 2023 appeared first on AGDAILY.